Happy New Year! We all know that 2017 is a prime number. However, even considering that 2017 is a sexy prime :), 2017 is more than just another prime number as math bites below show.
- The prime number before 2017 is 2017+(2-0-1-7) = 2011, which makes it a sexy prime, and the prime after 2017 is 2017+(2+0+1+7) = 2027. 2017 itself is of course equal to 2017+(2*0*1*7)
- 2017π (rounds to nearest integer) is a prime.
- 2017e (rounds to nearest integer ) is a prime.
- The sum of all odd primes up to 2017 is a prime number, i.e. 3+5+7+11+…+2017 is a prime number.
- The sum of the cube of gap of primes up to 2017 is a prime number. That is (3-2)^3 + (5-3)^3 + (7-5)^3 + (11-7)^3 + … + (2017-2011)^3 is a prime number.
- Insert 7 into any two digits of 2017, it is still a prime number, i.e. 27017, 20717, 20177 are all primes. Plus, 20177 is also a prime number
- Since all digits of 2017 is less than 8, it can be viewed as an octal. 2017 is still a prime number as an octal.
- 2017 can be written as a sum of three cubes of primes, i,e, p^3 +q^3 +r^3 for some primes p, q, r.
- 2017 can be written as a sum of cubes of five distinct integers.
- 2017 can be written as x^2+y^2, x^2+2y^2, x^2+3y^2, x^2+4y^2 x^2+6y^2, x^2+7y^2, x^2+8y^2, x^2+9y^2 (for positive integers x, y)
- 20170123456789 is also a prime
- The 2017th prime number is 17539 and 201717539 is also a prime.
- Let p=2017, then both (p+1)/2 and (p+2)/3 are prime numbers.
- The first ten digits of the decimal expansion of the cubic root of 2017 contains all different digits 0~9. 2017 is the least integer has this property.
- 2017 = 2^11 – 11th prime
More Fun Facts about 2017
Historical numerical forms for 2017 are:
According to the Chinese calendar, 2017 is the Year of the Rooster. China will celebrate its New Year on Jan. 28, 2017. The lucky colors for the year are gold, brown and yellow, while lucky numbers are 5, 7 and 8.
A total solar eclipse will take place on Aug. 21, 2017. It will be visible for the first time in the contiguous U.S. in nearly four decades, the last time being on Feb. 26, 1979. The 2017 eclipse will be the first with a path of totality crossing the country’s Pacific coast and Atlantic coast since 1918. The maximum duration of totality will be around 2 minutes and 41.6 seconds.